Website Navigation for Screen Readers

School of Medicine Office of Research Administration

Other Actions

Obtain Prior Approval from a Sponsor

Any action requiring prior approval from a sponsor (e.g. approval of a foreign component under an NIH award, carryover requests, effort or PI changes) should be routed through ORA and submitted by your ORA representative.  For general information on requesting prior approvals under NIH awards, click here. For NIH prior approval requirements, click here.

» Sponsored Letter Template Intro

Check the Status of My Agreement

  • For contracts, first check MyRap which should have information on the most current action taken on your agreement.
  • For grant proposals or agreements, please contact the ORA grants associate that supports your department.
    • Click here for commercial clinical research agreements (CRC office) or here for all other sponsored research agreements (ORA-MRB Office).

Modify an Agreement

Except for Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements, a COEUS record is required to formally modify an agreement. COEUS Proposal Type will be Supplement, Continuation, Administrative Action or Negotiation Only depending on the type of modification requested. The process should proceed just like that of a new agreement.

Leave Johns Hopkins and Transfer my Grants/Contracts

Please contact ORA to let us know that you will be departing JHU.  Guidance for Investigators Related to their Research upon Leaving Johns Hopkins University is found here.

  • Our Offices

    School of Medicine Office of Research Administration
    East Baltimore Office

    Miller Research Building, Suite 117
    733 N. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205

    P: 410-955-3061


    School of Medicine Office of Research Administration
    Clinical Research Contracting and
    Clinical Research Support Services

    750 E. Pratt Street, 14th floor
    Baltimore, MD 21202

    P: 410-361-8372

  • Contact Us

    Need additional help or have a question for us? Contact one of our team members today!

    Email Us Here »